We are passionate about our faith and the friendship we have found with God through Jesus Christ. We have 7 core values that shape everything we do and 7 practices that help us live out these values:
Seven Core Values
- It works: making a connection to God through Jesus’ love, death on the cross and resurrection really does work for our lives, so we provide opportunities for conversations and exploring faith together.
- The Bible: we are an evangelical church, placing the scriptures which are God’s revealed truth as our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- The Holy Spirit: we believe that the life of God comes to us through the Holy Spirit, enabling us to connect with God and live a life of purpose and fulfilment. We believe in the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit both in our worship and our day-to-day lives.
- Discipleship: we believe that connecting with Jesus changes the way we think about God, ourselves, our lives and others.
- Worship: we are determined to love and honour Jesus Christ when we gather as church and in our whole lives.
- Kingdom of God: The loving rule of God can impact the whole of life and society. Therefore, we live to demonstrate the good news of the Kingdom, addressing injustice, poverty and oppression.
- Community: we love and care for one another as an extended family, where all are valued and welcome. Community is at the heart of who we are and the community of the church is at the centre of God’s plan to change the world.
Seven Key Practices
- Opportunities to explore and discuss faith together.
- A friendship with God and a dependency in prayer is how we want to live our lives individually and together.
- Community together: we regularly gather on a Sunday morning and this is important to the health of our church. We also build community together at every opportunity throughout the week.
- A commitment to our local communities as we work with other charities to provide opportunities for people to make a lasting difference in the lives of others.
- A care for the world and global church as we partner with people, churches and agencies to make a positive difference.
- Discipleship available for everyone so we can grow as we follow Jesus and play our part in God’s work to transform our lives, families and communities.
- Generosity with our time, money and love, enabling our church community and our wider community to enjoy God’s blessing.
Being connected through strong relationships with other churches is very important to us and we are part of the Salt and Light Family of churches in the UK and beyond